Kokkari at a Glance
Kokkari is the third largest resort on the Greek island of Samos and offers visitors the ideal location for a beach based break in the sunshine. Built around a pretty bay, the resort offers various amenities and attractions as well as a host of bars and tavernas catering for all tastes and budgets. When the sun sets those wanting to party have a selection of bars and clubs to enjoy.
- Families wanting a beach break in the Greek sunshine.
- Couples looking for a Greek getaway with great weather, various dining options and a low-key nightlife.
- Groups wanting a fun packed holiday with plenty of beach action, water-sports and nightlife.
Beaches in Kokkari
Kokkari’s shingle beach is ideal for swimming and sunbathing and is also perfect for those wanting to try their hand at windsurfing. The beach does get fairly lively in the summer months so for those wanting somewhere a little more tranquil a trip westwards up the coast to nearby Lemonakia or Tsamadou beach is recommended.
Top Attractions in Kokkari
- Those wanting to explore the fresh air and beautiful scenery of Samos Island should take advantage of the various walking trails in and around Kokkari. Spend the day taking in the sights and countryside peppered with cypress tree, olive groves and pretty villages.
- If you’re looking for a bit of retail therapy or just want a souvenir of your trip head to neighbouring Manalates. Here you’ll find a selection of hand crafted pottery and other craft items.
- Those with an interest in religious art or architecture should visit Kokkari’s two churches; The Church of St Nikolaos with its impressive exterior and ornate interiors is well worth checking out.
- Those wanting to venture out of the resort should take a boat trip. There are various options available which will take you to lively Samos Town, the neighbouring island of Patmos or even Turkey.
- If you’re the active type and want more from your beach life than sunbathing, you’ll find a host of water-sports available including snorkelling, windsurfing and snorkelling in and around Kokkari.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're protected.
We want to give you the opportunity to create a holiday to Greece that's just right for you, so if you'd like to combine a week or a few days in Kokkari with time in another Samos hot-spot such as Pythagorian you can do just that. Here at loveholidays.com we put you in control and give you the opportunity to tailor make the holiday of your dreams.