Hotel Barcelo Solymar
- 25km to Varadero Airport (VRA)
- 200m to Varadero City Centre
- Low Deposit Options Available
- Interest FREE Payment Plans
This hotel is located on the best part of the Varadero beach, Cuba's main tourist centre.Highly recommended for families, couples and those who enjoy diving and water activities in ... Continue reading
- 3 outdoor swimming pools
- 3 tennis courts
- 2 Jacuzzis
- Basketball, Petanque, archery, table tennis, exercise classes, cycling (charge), shooting range (charge)
- Beach sports (snorkelling, beach volleyball, windsurfing, beach tennis, catamaran sailing, beach football, kayaking and pedal boats)
- Beauty salon and hairdresser
- Fitness centre (9am-5pm)
- Golf course (1.5km away)
- Massage service available (charges)
- Professional entertainment team supervise numerous daily activities in different areas of the resort
- Daytime activities
- Wellness center
- Tennis court
- Safety Box
- Evening activities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Suitable for people with walking difficulties
- Reception 24 hours
- In room telephone
- Hair Dryer
- Air conditioning
- Conference room
- Satellite TV
- Family rooms
- Clothing iron
- Business center
- In room Internet access
- Breakfast buffet
- Swimming pool
- Breakfast, Buffet, Restaurant (Restaurant Principal Solymar and Restaurant Principal Arenas Blancas ), Daily: 07:00 - 10:00.
- Lunch, Buffet, Restaurant (Restaurante Principal Solymar, Restaurante Principal Arenas Blancas, Ranchon Playa Solymar ad Ranchon Playa AB ), Daily: 12:30 - 15:00.
- Dinner, Buffet, Restaurant (Restaurante Principal Solymar, Restaurante Principal Arenas Blancas ), Daily: 18:15 - 22:00.
- Dinner, A la Carte; Reservations Required, Restaurant (restaurante Italiano, Mexicano, Espanol, Asiatico, Seafood, Cubano ), Daily: 18:30 - 22:00.
- Afternoon snacks, Snack Bar (El Cactus, Horizonte), Daily: 12:00 - 18:00.
- Ice Cream, Bar (Bar Las Dunas), Daily: 12:00 - 16:00.
- Snacks, Bar (Cafeteria Ranchon Solymar), Daily: 23:00 - 06:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Imported Alcohol; Imported non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Soft drinks; Beer; Wine; Spirits; Mineral water, Bar (11 different bars).
- Tennis; Football; Volleyball; Beach Ball; Basketball; Watersports (non-motorised); Games; Entertainment; Live entertainment; Animation; Scuba Diving; Gym; Boccia; Darts; Billiards; Mini Club; Aerobics; Snorkelling; Organised activities and entertainment; Exercise classes; Aqua-Aerobics; Jacuzzi; Dance lessons; Sauna; Fitness Centre.
The Barcelo Solymar Hotel features Superior guestrooms, Suites, and Bungalows with a warm inviting Caribbean-style decor that has been fully refurbished with soft pastel interiors, patterned full-length drapes and bed covers add subtle complementing colours, smart furnishings set on cool tiled flooring and modern amenities take care of your comfort; features include a private furnished balcony with sea or garden view, air-conditioning, en suite bathroom with bathtub, shower and hair dryer, King size bed or double beds, Satellite TV, telephone, writing desk and chair, mini fridge, safe box, iron and board and coffee machine. Adapted rooms are available to guests with restricted mobility.
Suites are larger and have wonderful views of the sea the pool or the garden. These are the most luxurious rooms, ideal for couples and newlyweds.
Bungalows rest in a pretty large garden area, very close to the beach and swimming pool area. All Bungalows have brand new sofa beds, and brand new textiles such as curtains and linens.
Barcelo Solymar Hotel is perfectly positioned for visits to the Varadero Golf Course, the town of Varadero, and the city of Matanzas, 55 km from the hotel.
24 hour Reception Services, housekeeping, currency exchange, 24 hour room service, express check-in/out service, Wi-Fi Internet (only in the lobby area) (charges), telephone and fax service (charges), 24 hour internet room, public relations office, tourist information office, post office, medical service (9am-5pm, Mon-Sat: charges), luggage room, car and motorbike rental, security service, wedding events hosted in Gazebo facing the beach, parking available, mini supermarket, boutique and facilities for guests with disabilities.
The prices shown below show the cheapest holiday offers for the Hotel Barcelo Solymar in Varadero. Please use the price links to see all holiday deals available for that month.
|Avg. Daily Temp (°C)||30||31||31||32||31||29||27||27||26||27||28||29|
|Avg. Evening Temp (°C)||21||23||23||23||23||22||20||19||18||18||19||20|
To make booking a holiday at Hotel Barcelo Solymar in Varadero easier for you, we provide a range of different payment options. To find out if you can book Hotel Barcelo Solymar with a low deposit holiday option, please click the "Price and Availability" button above.
Cuba's premier holiday beach resort and tourist Mecca, Varadero is situated on a spit of land that reaches out into the Atlantic, a two-hour drive to the east of Havana. Varadero is internationally known for its transparent waters and beautiful setting, and is the largest resort complex in the Caribbean, with more than 50 hotels. Growing numbers of sun-seeking European, Canadian and American holidaymakers flock to Veradero for the warm aquamarine waters, sun and fun that are afforded by all-inclusive packages. There are 23 world-renowned dive spots along this 13-mile (about 21km) stretch of beach, not to mention numerous restaurants, cabaret spots, nightclubs, water and land sport opportunities, a skydiving centre, golf courses, and much more.
There are over 30 dive sites around the holiday destination of Varadero and dive centres offering dive courses. Deep sea fishing, windsurfing, parasailing, kayaking and sailing are all offered. Land-based activities include golf, skydiving and bowling.
Most tourists take advantage of the all-inclusive tourist packages offered by the hotel complexes where food is served buffet-style, and many of these hotels offer their buffets to non-guests as well. Outside of the resorts there are various options. Private restaurants (paladares) in people's houses are not allowed in Valadero and all restaurants are government-owned. In Varadero town there is everything from market food stalls and fast food outlets to sit-down restaurants.
There are many bars in Varadero offering live music, cabaret shows are popular, and dance clubs and discos in the town cater to Cubans and holidaymakers alike. The hotels have nightly entertainment, with lots of Cuban music, dancing and cocktails on offer.
Varadero's largest shopping complex is Plaza America where fancy boutiques and all manner of shops cater to American-style consumerism - holidaymakers looking for a spending spree will not be disappointed. There are a number of artisan markets that sell a wide variety of souvenirs along Avenue 1. For cigars the Casa del Habano sells excellent quality cigars.
This is not the real Cuba, but an attempt to gain hard currency by selling the very beautiful white sand beaches in a controlled tourist environment. The resort is largely exclusive and Cubans are generally not allowed to stay in the hotels. Many visitors do not stray far from their package tour hotels, and miss out on many opportunities to explore the town.
Plug TypeVoltage 115V 60Hz
This week's weather forecast
Hotel address : Carretera Las Americas Km 3, Varadero, Cuba, 42200
Please wait while we load the map for Hotel Barcelo Solymar
Questions and Answers about Hotel Barcelo Solymar
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or if you have a question about this specific hotel, please get in touch via the Add a Question button below. Our knowledgeable team will aim to respond to your question within 72 hours. In the meantime, previously asked questions can be found below and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions can be found on our FAQs page.