- Wake-up service
- Direct dial telephone
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Satellite TV
- Centrally regulated air conditioning
- Central heating
Rethymno Mare Hotel
- Distance to Heraklion international airport 70Km
- Distance to Rethymno town center 13Km
- Sun terrace
- Private beach area
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa and wellness centre
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Low Deposit Options Available
- Interest FREE Payment Plans
The 5 star Rethymno Mare Hotel is situated in the village of Scaleta, about 11 km from the centre of Rethymnon. Just 100 m from the hotel lies the beautiful beach, and the city of ... Continue reading
The 5 star Rethymno Mare Hotel is situated in the village of Scaleta, about 11 km from the centre of Rethymnon. Just 100 m from the hotel lies the beautiful beach, and the city of Scaleta has several restaurants, bars and shops to explore.
For the guests' convenience there is also a regular bus service from the hotel to Rethymnon, Chania and Heraklion, allowing them to explore the famous island of Crete. The international airport of Heraklion is about 70 km from the hotel.
- Bicycle rental (surcharge)
- Children's playground
- Entertainment staff
- Evening entertainment
- Games room
- Kids Club
- Table tennis
- Tennis court
- BBQ facilities
- Private beach area
- Sun terrace
- Air conditioning
- Car hire
- Family rooms
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Mini-market on site
- Room service
- Safety deposit box
- Shops (on site)
- Shuttle service (surcharge)
- Early Breakfast, Continental, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant (at any time until 07:30)).
- Breakfast, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant (full American breakfast buffet & live cooking)), Daily: 07:30 - 10:00.
- Late Breakfast, Continental, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant), Daily: 10:00 - 11:00.
- Lunch, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant (buffet & live cooking)), Daily: 12:30 - 14:30.
- Dinner, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant (buffet & live cooking, 3 theme nights per week - Italian, BBQ, Greek)), Daily: 19:00 - 21:30.
- Dinner, Restaurant (Hermes Main Restaurant (children´s dinner buffet)), Daily: 19:00 - 21:30.
- Dinner, Restaurant (Jasmine Cretan Menu Restaurant, from May till October, no extra charge, reservation required, at least one day in advance between 08:00 to 21:00 at the Front Office Desk), Daily: 19:30 - 22:00.
- Snacks, Snack Bar (Jasmine Pool Snack Bar (Sandwiches, pizza, fresh fruits, Ice Cream & Yogurt)), Daily: 11:00 - 17:00.
- Snacks, Snack Bar (Poseidon Pool Snack Bar (Sandwiches, pizza, Ice Cream & Yogurt)), Daily: 11:00 - 17:00.
- Snacks, Beach Bar (Anemos Beach Bar (Sandwiches, pizza, fresh fruits, Ice Cream & Yogurt)), Daily: 11:00 - 17:00.
- Afternoon Tea; Coffee Break, Snack Bar (Jasmine Pool Snack Bar (Variety cakes, cookies, Chocolate & Sugar Donuts)), Daily: 16:00 - 17:00.
- Pool Bar (Jasmine Pool Snack Bar (soft drinks, water, fruit juices, local wine, retsina & beer, Brandies -Oyzo - Raki-, champagne, cocktails, coffees, tea ), Daily: 10:00 - 18:00.
- Pool Bar (Poseidon Pool Snack Bar (soft drinks, water, fruit juices, local wine, retsina & beer, Brandies -Oyzo - Raki-, champagne, cocktails), Daily: 11:00 - 23:00.
- Bar (Aphrodite Cafeteria Bar (cocktails, international drinks, champagne, Soft drinks, fruit juices, local wine, retsina, beer, spirits (Vodka - Gin-Rum – Whiskey – Tequila – Brandies – Oyzo – Raki – Long Drinks - Local Liquors), Tea, coffee ), Daily: 16:30 - 00:00.
- Beach Bar (Anemos Beach Bar (soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, local wine, retsina & beer, Brandies -Oyzo - Raki-, champagne, coffees, tea), Daily: 10:00 - 18:00.
- Tennis; Volleyball; Table Tennis; Games; Animation; Boccia; Darts; Aerobics; Archery.
The Rethymno Mare has a total of 132 rooms. All rooms also feature private bathroom, telephone, hairdryer, satellite flat screen TV, safety deposit box, air-conditioning, fridge and tea & coffee making facilities.
Superior rooms have a balcony, sea or garden view and can accommodate up to 3 adults. Deluxe rooms have an additional hydro massage and sea view, while family suites are more spacious with balcony, sea or garden view and ideal for families. Some of them also have a hydro massage. There are also six family suites with shared pool and two separate bedrooms and sea view.
Conference facilities, mini market, free Wi-Fi in public areas, billiards (extra charge)
The prices shown below show the cheapest holiday offers for the Rethymno Mare Hotel in Rethymnon. Please use the price links to see all holiday deals available for that month.
|Avg. Daily Temp (°C)||20||24||27||29||29||27||24||20||17||15||15||17|
|Avg. Evening Temp (°C)||12||15||19||22||22||20||17||13||10||9||8||9|
To make booking a holiday at Rethymno Mare Hotel in Rethymnon easier for you, we provide a range of different payment options. To find out if you can book Rethymno Mare Hotel with a low deposit holiday option, please click the "Price and Availability" button above.
Anyone could be forgiven for mistaking the hugely popular package tour holiday resort town of Rethymnon for a sort of Cretan-inspired theme resort, but the best thing about the town is that its picturesque historic heart is actually genuine. The old town is just that: old, its winding alleys overhung with pretty wooden flower-bedecked balconies flaunt historic Venetian and Turkish architectural influences. Fortunately a recent mad spate of tourist development has left the old town untouched, so it can now delight the many photo-happy visitors and serve as a bustling venue for tavernas, restaurants and souvenir shops. To the east is one of Crete's longest sandy beaches, which has become the target of developers and is lined with apartment blocks and hotels. Excursions are easily made to Heraklion, Chania or the monastery of Arkadhi.
Daily boat excursions are the latest activity in Rethymnon, taking holidaymakers to the beautiful beaches at Bali or Marathi, and include lunch at a local taverna with unlimited wine. Evening cruises are also a popular activity, and there are opportunities for hiking and horseback riding. Sights within the city include the mosque of Sultan Ibrahim Han and the Venetian fortress as well as an archeaological museum.
The inner harbour of Rethymnon sports an array of restaurants perfect for holidaymakers and fish tavernas, many of which are expensive for what they are; the Samaria taverna is more reasonably priced and among the best here, while Famagusta offers a range of food from Greek cuisine to western and Chinese. Better value can be found in the streets around the Rimóndi fountain where there are some old-fashioned cafes serving local fare including delicious helpings of traditional yoghurt and honey. These include Kyria Maria, Agrimia and Othonos, all overlooking the fountain.
Nightlife in Rethymnon ranges from noisy pubs and bars around the inner harbour or inside the old town, to more relaxed bars on the beach where holidaymakers can enjoy the sounds of the sea while sipping on the favourite drink. Fortezza Disco is the flashiest in town, along with other dance clubs like the Metropolis, New York Club and the Opera Club. A new younger bar scene has appeared above the inner harbour around the Platía Plastira, with music bars sporting outdoor terraces.
There is an overwhelming amount of gift shops geared towards holidaymakers offering tourist souvenirs, as well as a variety of handicrafts such as pottery, baskets, woodcarving and woven goods. Cretan embroidery can be found at Haroula Spridaki, while various items carved from olive wood are at Olive Tree Wood. Palaiopoleiou offers genuine antiques and old textiles and those interested in modern ceramics and Greek pottery should stop at Omodamos. Self-caterers will find numerous general stores and mini supermarkets scattered about, and there is a daily market below the Porta Guora, as well as a bakery just behind the Rimóndi fountain.
Rethymnon doesn't have the ruins and archaeological sites that many Greek holidaymakers expect for such an old city.
Plug TypeVoltage 220V 50Hz
€1 = £0.85
This week's weather forecast
Hotel address : Scaletta, Rethymno, Rethymnon, Crete, Greek Islands, 74100
Please wait while we load the map for Rethymno Mare Hotel
Questions and Answers about Rethymno Mare Hotel
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or if you have a question about this specific hotel, please get in touch via the Add a Question button below. Our knowledgeable team will aim to respond to your question within 72 hours. In the meantime, previously asked questions can be found below and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions can be found on our FAQs page.
Hello, Are any of the swimming pools heated and will it be open in April? If not is there an indoor pool? 2 Answers
Sorry the pools are not heated and there is no indoor pool
Added 1 year, 6 months ago.
By Zara.Drant, loveholidays.com team member
This hotel does not have a heated swimming pool. There is no indoor pool either.
Added 1 year, 6 months ago.
By Zoe, loveholidays.com team member