Carefree Breaks to Cala Mayor
The beautiful beach resort of Cala Mayor exudes culture and variety, a healthy alternative for those looking for a leisurely pace of life on holidays to Mallorca Cala Mayor holidays are home to the alternative and bohemian, with one of the most idyllic beaches on the island of Majorca. The isolated beach is shielded on both sides by rocky terrain making the waters calm even on rare windy days. The fine white sands attract tourists throughout summer, but the resort still remains quiet and retains native identity, perfect for those looking for a quintessential Spanish experience on their holidays in Cala Mayor.
Cala Mayor Attractions
Want to rub shoulders with royalty? Cala Mayor is the official summer home of the Spanish Royal Family, holidays in Cala Mayor are the perfect Majorca getaway.
Beaches in Cala Mayor
- Cala Mayor beach is ideal for a long dip in the sea. The Spanish royal family residence is so close to the beach, access to the water is restricted by boat. Allowing you to enjoy the clear Mediterranean waters safely.
- With a sandy beach, pedalos and beach chairs the Cala Mayor is beach is perfect for parents to relax and children to have fun. Just make sure you use your map of Majorca wisely, you don’t want your pedalo entering forbidden royal waters!
- The beach is surrounded by a number of restaurants and bars, so stay refreshed and enjoy the hot Majorca sun and attractive seafronts
Cala Mayor Attractions
- With close proximity to capital of Majorca Palma City, take a quick bus ride to enjoy all the attractions and amenities of this bustling and busy city. Attractions in Palma are wide ranging and cosmopolitan.
- Cala Mayor beach is a great location for attractions in the resort. For a unique view of the surrounding beaches and bays we recommend taking part in the excellent catamaran trip. Lasting half a day this trip includes lunch, drink and snorkelling all aboard a modern catamaran with other holidaymakers.
- If you are a keen golfer then Cala Mayor is a great base to explore Majorca’s 21 golf courses. Championship course San Gual is only a few kilometres away and has recently been voted one of the world’s top courses.
Cala Mayor Nightlife
- As a family resort the nightlife in Cala Mayor is suited to quiet drinks over dinner, or entertainment provided in hotels
- For brighter lights and adult oriented nightlife head to neighbouring resort of Magaluf, perfect for a night out with groups of friends.
- If you are looking for a family evening out head to Palma Nova for karaoke, shows and family oriented entertainment.
Discover your Paradise
A hidden secret of the Balearic Islands, Cala Mayor offers sailing school training courses over summer for those indulging in an extended stay. Sport enthusiasts should head to the Royal Bendinat Golf Club, where you can play the perfect sport for a resort that boasts a Mediterranean climate. If you prefer to observe, make a beeline for the yacht marina at Puerto Portals where you can sample some local cuisine at one of the many sophisticated restaurants. The Cala Mayor promenade is packed with restaurants and shops, where you can grab a bite to eat or grab a souvenir. The suburb is situated only a few kilometres west of Palma de Mallorca, and close to the larger island of Playa de Palma in case you wanted to explore some of Spain’s more populated holiday resorts. The Luabay Beach Club is situated on the seafront if you’re looking for some evening fun on your holidays to Cala Mayor. Alternatively you can free your fidgety feet on one of Magaluf’s many dance floors. The enormous BCM club showcases top DJs and themed nights, whilst Boomerang offers a similar atmosphere in the heart of the Magaluf strip. If a measure of nostalgia is needed, head to Banana’s Disco for 80’s and 90’s classics.